Saturday 2 November 2013

Looking backwards, moving forwards!

After two weeks of rehearsals I am behind on the schedule I created for myself! I know that the schedule is helpful because at least I know what I have to achieve and have set out clear tasks so I don't waste time, however I when I woke up panicking  at 4am this morning I couldn't get my head around what I should do next.  I have been working in fits and starts over the last two weeks so I have hundreds of pieces of paper that are flying around everywhere.  Today I seized the day and decided before I do anything else these pieces of paper need to be filed organised or destroyed!  My lack of organisation and pieces of paper date right back to module 2, however when I was going through my notes I discovered some great work I had done which will help with my inquiry.  My learning journal is the same, I have re read this and found some really helpful ideas.

In campus session 2 Paula pointed out the importance of re reading the module reader and handbook, I think that the module 2 readers will be helpful to go through as well.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Mimi,
    I hope that the organising helped to put you back in a better place in your head. I did exactly the same thing last week and found that the process of relocating everything to another space allowed me to see what I had (both in my materials and in my brain) and made everything feel calmer.
    The other thing I keep reminding myself is that this is work-based learning and that inevitably plans will be changed by our work schedules. Just having this in mind and being able to deal with them and acknowledge them as part of the nature of things helps me when I get swamped or am struggling to devote quality time to my inquiry.

    I totally agree with you about looking back through things from earlier in the course - I found a great pile of literature that I had used when creating my proposal and as I looked through it I realised it was all still really relevant to where my inquiry is now :)

    I think it's time to 'Keep Calm and BAPP'! :)

    S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments Sarah, I agree with you that it is a WBL course and our daily practice is in effect helpful to our inquiry. I just feel like I'm treading water and not achieving anything when I work. Time for a new plan, the one thing at a time plan! I have been trying to do too much at once! I hope that everything is progressing well with your inquiry x

      Delete
  2. Yes the inquiry is like a practitioner research project that you also compare to your own experience. Going back to the plan is helpful - and dealing with changes is probably going to be necessary. Explanation is key. Really interesting ideas deserve their day though - and you have quite a few in your topic. Structure and continue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paula, I think it's time to asses where I am and what I am going to achieve next x

      Delete